Hello friends!! Only one more day before some serious me-time! Preschool reconvenes after a very long break tomorrow. Woo hoo!
Since I did this for 2011, I figured I should do the same for dear ol’ 2012. There were big changes this year and then some more subtle changes. It’s fun to glance over my shoulder quickly before racing ahead, I think. Rather than make this all about me, I looked through my posts from the past 12 months to find links in the hopes you may find something that interests you here. Enjoy!
– Maintained a consistent blogging schedule, started a Facebook page, and reached 100 followers (thank you!)
– Was published in Sprout e-zine
– Began creating art on canvas and other forms
– Took some awesome classes: participated in OLW all year, Build a Blog You Truly Love with Liv Lane, Rule-Free Photography with Vivienne McMaster, Swan Dive with Vivienne McMaster, Picture Black and White with Tracey Clark, Inner Excavate along with Liz Lamoreux, A Year With Myself, Now YOU self-portraiture with Kristin Zecchinelli and Meredith Winn, Behind the Scenes with Kim Klassen, Soul Restoration with Melody Ross, Calm Mama, Unravelling with Susannah Conway, Big Picture Bootcamp, and My Crazy Life with Art McCracken. If you wonder how I had time to take all these, I don’t have an answer. I guess I squeeze them in whenever I can!
– Created cards and calendars for my Etsy shop
– Opened a Fine Art Shop to sell my photography prints
– Enjoyed participating in fun photo-challenges like Kat Sloma’s Photo-Heart Connection, the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge, Paris in July, Lori Moon‘s May Flower Challenge, Liv Lane’s now-retired Little Bliss List, and Random Acts of Kindness.
– Met Eydie in person after meeting her through blogging; such an encouraging and creative soulmate she is!
– Switched from the free version to a self-hosted WordPress site so I can tailor it to my/our needs, add fun plugins, etc.
– Joined a synagogue, attended services regularly with my family, and joined one of the singing groups there
– Helped my daughter transition to a big bed and become potty trained
– Enhanced our backyard garden by adding roses, gerber daisies, containers, and shelves on the side of the house with pots and other decorative items
Whew! I’m putting together a goal-ish list for 2013 to share soon. See you here on Wednesday!!