Welcome and thank you for visiting Poetic Aperture! I am Naomi - a mother, photographer, creative soul, and avid reader. I love photography, art supplies, getting things done, organizing, comfy bedding, bookstores, finding beauty in the everyday, home, reading in bed, crisp crunchy leaves underfoot, my daughter's giggle, and chocolate, among other things. This blog is a mix of those identities, plus whatever I stumble across that inspires me and that I think may inspire YOU. I aim to offer thought-provoking ideas that inspire creative thought and positive change and that will help you live an authentic and caring life.
- "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those." ~ Michael Nolan
Top Posts & Pages
- 12 reasons my husband is right for me: an anniversary post
- A love letter to myself
- 26 acts of kindness: the paper bag project
- 100 acts of kindness - DONE! (part 1 of 2)
- Kindness catch up: care packs, scarves, soap, and our mailman
- It's Random Acts of Kindness week!
- "Very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet"
- Quilt and birdcage backgrounds
- All you need are books and tea
- "Steal Like An Artist" week: the importance of hobbies
Posts about photography
Posts about creativity
Posts about reading
Posts about motherhood
Posts about home
Posts about mindfulness
- ... reading in bed, candles, crisp crunchy leaves underfoot, my daughter's giggle, starting a new book, finishing a new book, organizing, writing, craft supplies, photography, poetry, a good massage, knowing smiles, singing along to the radio, getting things done, comfy bedding, hot chocolate, paying attention to the details, libraries and bookstores, campfires, astronomy, finding beauty in the everyday, connections, art supplies, road trips, craft projects, quiet, details, journaling, waking up and staying in bed, home, interesting flowers, affection, warm chamomile tea, capturing a moment in time with my camera, true laughter, soft rain
- November reading update http://t.co/XmETZV8g4k 04:20:41 AM December 04, 2013 from WordPress.com ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Appreciating everyday blessings http://t.co/jJ356up17M 08:18:20 AM December 01, 2013 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Who wants the very last pack of these? https://t.co/0VfNgkefdp 10:01:17 AM November 29, 2013 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
What can I help you find?