For so many, this winter has been particularly harsh. I know so many of us are ready for some springtime blooms and sunshine. This month is all about bringing that brightness inside for ourselves and our families to enjoy.
- buy some fresh flowers and spread them in little vases throughout the house
- add pops of vibrant colors or flower art/fabric around the house
- bring in a flowery scent – I really like all-natural lavender dish soap and cleaning supplies
- eat lighter
- open your windows
- freshen your air with houseplants
- Spring clean: clear some clutter again
- 10 Easy Ways to Bring Spring into Your Home on glo
- 21 Ways to Bring Spring into Your Home on StyleatHome.com
- Easy Ways to Bring Spring into your Home on polkadotpoplars.com
- and if you dare, Spring Decorating Ideas from Martha Stewart
* * * * *
I live in Houston, where it’s been mostly ideal weather the past couple weeks. Our garden has exploded with buds and I’ve been trying to keep the windows and shades open as much as possible to bring the outdoors IN!
I’m excited that we are going to be planting some flowering climbing vines along this boring garage wall. There’s cement on the ground there, so I built a long planter with treated wood and drain holes. And by “I,” I mean Mike, the handyman.
When we were in Boulder, I found this wind chime in a little shop and adored its sound. Last night, when I was in bed reading a book, I heard it chime and I got chills because it’s such a lovely sound.
Please let us all know in the comments what you’re up to this month! Have fun with it. May’s prompt will add to this one and encourage us to focus on what scents mean to you and how you can incorporate them into your living space.