Photo Friday: Seattle’s Chihuly Museum

boats of glass

Last summer after our cruise, my daughter and I spent a gorgeous day together in Seattle. We took the monorail from our hotel to the Seattle Center to see the Space Needle, the Chihuly Glass Museum and Garden, and then the Children’s Museum (highly recommend – pretty spectacular).  Here’s a little more about Dale Chihuly himself.

various colors chihuly swans chihuly exhibit chihuly boat

This one below is a photo of the ceiling in one of the rooms.  I made this my phone’s screensaver.screensaver of ceilingChihuly2The outside garden is just as lovely as the inside exhibit.

outside trees outside museumpurple glass purple glass closeupThis sign is posted in the gift shop near some terrariums. I thought it would be a good phrase for a tshirt.

please be gentle

Just outside the museum near an ice cream stand:

Armory as frame

dream

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Photo Friday, Photography and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Photo Friday: Seattle’s Chihuly Museum

1. Caroline says:

Such beautiful works of art. I love the unique expressions and colors. Just gorgeous and uplifting!
    Caroline recently posted…ThoughtsMy Profile

2. Becky says:

Isn’t his stuff just so amazing? I love it. I recognize some of the pieces from the installation at the NY Botanical Gardens several years ago!

3. debbie says:

Stunning photos! The outside installation is amazing with the contrast of nature and these vivid colors. Those shades of purple! And, love the chalkboard message.
    debbie recently posted…Hip to be SquareMy Profile

4. Naomi says:

Thanks, Debbie. Yes, it’s absolutely amazing there. So glad you visited!

5. Linda Watson says:

Your photos are even more beautiful than the art.
    Linda Watson recently posted…Nature, Silence, WhimsyMy Profile

6. These are wonderful photographs and I’m sure you enjoyed your visit. Chihuly is an amazing creative force and his works never fail to delight me.
    Deborah Weber recently posted…Crow MoonMy Profile

7. Naomi says:

I know! He’s amazing. Reading about him fascinates me even more.

8. Naomi says:

Thank you, Linda, but I really think you must see this!

9. Naomi says:

Thanks, Caroline! The colors are so vivid and vibrant and they way he weaves shapes together is fascinating. I could have stayed there all day if it weren’t for my daughter pulling me along and out!