Both images were shot with my Canon 50mm compact macro. I added a colorful bokeh texture to the second and even masked off the flowers in Photoshop but it didn’t look nearly as fun, so I left it on the entire image.
Welcome and thank you for visiting Poetic Aperture! I am Naomi - a mother, photographer, creative soul, and avid reader. This blog is a mix of those identities, plus whatever I stumble across that inspires me and that I think may inspire YOU. I aim to offer thought-provoking ideas that inspire creative thought and positive change and that will help you live an authentic and caring life.
"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those." ~ Michael Nolan
... reading in bed, candles, crisp crunchy leaves underfoot, my daughter's giggle, starting a new book, finishing a new book, organizing, writing, craft supplies, photography, poetry, a good massage, knowing smiles, singing along to the radio, getting things done, comfy bedding, hot chocolate, paying attention to the details, libraries and bookstores, campfires, astronomy, finding beauty in the everyday, connections, art supplies, road trips, craft projects, quiet, details, journaling, waking up and staying in bed, home, interesting flowers, affection, warm chamomile tea, capturing a moment in time with my camera, true laughter, soft rain
- Cakestyle review: just who do you think I am?
- Thoughts on creativity and depression
- House to home: wedding song wall art
- April Life Book recap: Honoring & Grounding
- Painting with little people
- May flower challenge
- Behind the art: 3 panels of colorful whimsy
- Photo-heart connection: springtime planting
- May 1 OLW blog hop: photos
- Little houses and three handmade cards