Both images were shot with my Canon 50mm compact macro. I added a colorful bokeh texture to the second and even masked off the flowers in Photoshop but it didn’t look nearly as fun, so I left it on the entire image.
Welcome and thank you for visiting Poetic Aperture! I am Naomi - a mother, photographer, creative soul, and avid reader. I love photography, art supplies, getting things done, organizing, comfy bedding, bookstores, finding beauty in the everyday, home, reading in bed, crisp crunchy leaves underfoot, my daughter's giggle, and chocolate, among other things. This blog is a mix of those identities, plus whatever I stumble across that inspires me and that I think may inspire YOU. I aim to offer thought-provoking ideas that inspire creative thought and positive change and that will help you live an authentic and caring life.
- "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those." ~ Michael Nolan
Top Posts & Pages
- Inspiration 2: Women reading and writing
- iPhone macro lens (or, the best $20 ever spent)
- A love letter to myself
- Week 1 kindness challenge: the environment
- New artsy products
- 100 acts of kindness - DONE! (part 1 of 2)
- Baby, baby, beautiful baby
- It's Random Acts of Kindness week!
- WOYWW: messy fun art in progress!
- One Little Word
Posts about photography
Posts about creativity
Posts about reading
Posts about motherhood
Posts about home
Posts about mindfulness
- ... reading in bed, candles, crisp crunchy leaves underfoot, my daughter's giggle, starting a new book, finishing a new book, organizing, writing, craft supplies, photography, poetry, a good massage, knowing smiles, singing along to the radio, getting things done, comfy bedding, hot chocolate, paying attention to the details, libraries and bookstores, campfires, astronomy, finding beauty in the everyday, connections, art supplies, road trips, craft projects, quiet, details, journaling, waking up and staying in bed, home, interesting flowers, affection, warm chamomile tea, capturing a moment in time with my camera, true laughter, soft rain