Welcome and thank you for visiting Poetic Aperture! I am Naomi - a mother, photographer, creative soul, and avid reader. I love photography, art supplies, getting things done, organizing, comfy bedding, bookstores, finding beauty in the everyday, home, reading in bed, crisp crunchy leaves underfoot, my daughter's giggle, and chocolate, among other things. This blog is a mix of those identities, plus whatever I stumble across that inspires me and that I think may inspire YOU. I aim to offer thought-provoking ideas that inspire creative thought and positive change and that will help you live an authentic and caring life.
- "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those." ~ Michael Nolan
Top Posts & Pages
- 12 reasons my husband is right for me: an anniversary post
- A love letter to myself
- 26 acts of kindness: the paper bag project
- It's Random Acts of Kindness week!
- 100 acts of kindness - DONE! (part 1 of 2)
- "Very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet"
- Cakestyle review: just who do you think I am?
- Kindness catch up: care packs, scarves, soap, and our mailman
- Raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens
- All you need are books and tea
Posts about photography
Posts about creativity
Posts about reading
Posts about motherhood
Posts about home
Posts about mindfulness
- ... reading in bed, candles, crisp crunchy leaves underfoot, my daughter's giggle, starting a new book, finishing a new book, organizing, writing, craft supplies, photography, poetry, a good massage, knowing smiles, singing along to the radio, getting things done, comfy bedding, hot chocolate, paying attention to the details, libraries and bookstores, campfires, astronomy, finding beauty in the everyday, connections, art supplies, road trips, craft projects, quiet, details, journaling, waking up and staying in bed, home, interesting flowers, affection, warm chamomile tea, capturing a moment in time with my camera, true laughter, soft rain