All you need are books and tea

I always enjoy being part of Kat’s Photo-Heart Connection and visiting the other participants’ blogs.   I haven’t been setting up photo shots recently to play with so this stands out for me as the January photo that means the most to me.  These are my absolutely favorite books right now and tea… well that’s just lovely, isn’t it?

books and tea

Taking time and care to set this up just right helped me be aware of the light and the gentle sunshine in my backyard.  This photo invites me to sit a spell and unwind.  The top three books are motivating, accepting, and like curling up with a blanket to talk with a good friend.Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 5.00.57 PM

If you’d like to see this print in my fine art shop, click here.  I think it’d make a nice greeting card.  :)

Haven’t done it before? You can learn more about how to find your Photo-Heart Connection here.

Click here to view my recent Photo-Heart connection posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Books, Photo-Heart Connection, Photography, Quotations and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to All you need are books and tea

1. Kat Sloma says:

Ah, wonderful. I love the quote – I’m in agreement! Books and tea, two of my favorite things. I love the sun on the books, it makes me want to sit in a sunbeam with the books and tea. It’s great to learn more about you, what you love, and get a brief glimpse into what inspires you. Thanks for sharing in the Photo-Heart Connection!
    Kat Sloma recently posted…What are you apologizing for?My Profile

2. Cheryl says:

Beautiful light…and those tiny sunbursts on the tea cup are perfect! You’ve made me want to sit a bit and flip through your stack of books.
    Cheryl recently posted…Photo-Heart Connection: January 2013My Profile

3. I love this post. I just need a diet cherry coke and my camera :)
    Michele Bergh recently posted…When Is The Last Time You Created Something New?My Profile

4. Sarah says:

Books and tea the perfect combination, whether it is sunny and warm or cold and snowy.

5. Sandra says:

How lovely to see a sunny , summery photo at this time of year! I like the glossy finish and colours on your mug and seeing your lovely pile of books reminds me of the summer holidays when I also have time to read to my heart’s content!
    Sandra recently posted…What do I choose to see?My Profile

• Naomi says:

That’s the trouble with living in south Texas! IT’s rather warm right now! You may be dreaming of spring where you are but I am yearning for a reason to wear a snuggly sweater.

6. Belinda Rose says:

Lovely photo! Yes, books and iced tea for me, please!
    Belinda Rose recently posted…We Bring the Message of Divine LoveMy Profile

7. Ruth Packard says:

I’m in total agreement. A good book, a cup of Constant Comment, and my camera: an awesome combination! Thank you for the link to Photo-Heart Connection. Think I’ll go get a cup of tea and explore the new site!!
    Ruth Packard recently posted…A Day Etched into My MemoriesMy Profile

8. Oh yes my favourite too … The more tea the better….

9. Gina says:

Such a pretty still life you created…..I love the colors. Those books look very interesting.

10. I love your post pics. I also love tea: Prince of Wales (World Market), English and Irish Breakfast, Assam, French Vanilla, Pumpkin Spice, and so many types. I can’t drink herbal tea, it gives me heartburn.

Books, oh, such a wonderful thing.

Thanks for the post.
    Sheila Skillingstead recently posted…Grading papersMy Profile

11. I love this. Shared on Facebook so others could enjoy.
    Arwen Lynch, Professional Joy Seeker recently posted…Whose Truth Is More Important?My Profile

12. Oh lovely! Beautiful photograph and inspiring reading list. Now I’m off to make a cup of tea and do some reading myself. ;-)
    Deborah Weber recently posted…Unintentional SelfieMy Profile

13. Kathy Anne says:

I love your photo and tea. Two of my favorite things too. I may try and set up my current reading list too. There are so many stacked on my bedside.Thanks for the beautiful inspiration! ~kathy
    Kathy Anne recently posted…Art Journal: Playing with PaintMy Profile

14. Wendy Poling says:

Love this, Naomi! I knew we had a lot in common – I have all those books on my shelf :)
    Wendy Poling recently posted…Bloom mixed media collageMy Profile

15. geetlee says:

Beautiful shot Naomi :) Taking time to set up a photograph is so therapeutic don’t you think?
    geetlee recently posted…Photo-Heart Connection: JanuaryMy Profile

• Naomi says:

Yes! It’s only when I look through the viewfinder that I can see how something should be arranged and re-arranged. Thanks for visiting, Geetlee!

16. Books and Tea… sounds just perfect to me! I love your sunny shot, I agree it would look great on a greetings card.
    Indigo Janson recently posted…5 Peaceful Images to Soothe Your SoulMy Profile

17. Wondeful composition, love the light. These are indeed two of my favorite things. Fantastic photo-heart connection
    Zena (healingmoments) recently posted…DAY 365+43My Profile